Monitoring and Evaluation
HCA is committed to participatory evaluation processes, acknowledging that program stakeholders have a critical role to play in evaluation planning, design and implementation.
We strive to incorporate the perspectives, needs and values of all stakeholders in our monitoring and evaluation processes. In doing so, we believe that the utility of evaluation processes and results increases.
Although we specialize in evaluation and planning, we are also involved in training, needs assessments, group facilitation and extensive cross-cultural work. We bring to assignments a specialization in all aspects of evaluation from the program initiation stage to the completion of impact evaluations.
HCA is currently working on…
- Design and Implementation of a Formative Research on Children and Teachers as Agents of Change for STBM-UNICEF
- Savings Group Performance in the Phase of Ebola (World Vision Sierra Leone)
- Measuring the Economic Impact of the Ontario Risk Management Program (Ontario Agriculture Sustainability Coalition)
- World Vision CAT III Global Emergency EVD Learning Event Report
- Impact of the School Based Child Protection Program in Sri Lanka (Canadian Red Cross)
- HealthForce Integration Research and Education for Internationally Educated Health Professionals PHASE 2
Some of our more recent projects include:
To see additional detail on these and other projects, please click here
- Equity Focused Formative Evaluation of UNICEF’s Engagement in the Decentralization Process in Indonesia (UNICEF)
- Simcoe County Food & Agriculture Charter Evaluation Plan & Baseline Data Collection
- Evaluation Plan for the Yukon Research Centre
- Evaluation of the Kativik Regional Government’s CIRQINIQ Program. The program, in collaboration with Cirque du Soleil, encourages youth to make positive lifestyle choices, putting to use circus arts to reach out to youth. The program aims to promote education and employment, reduce alcohol and drug abuse, and discourage violence.
- Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists- Member Satisfaction Survey
- Independent Evaluation of NWT Water Stewardship Strategy Implementation
- Evaluation of Team Nunavik-Quebec at the Arctic Winter Games
- An analysis of United Way Toronto's Member Agency Reporting Data
- An evaluation of the Beef Farmers of Ontario's Leadership Program on behalf of the Rural Ontario Institute.
- An evaluation of the West Africa Partnership Program-supported Humanitarian Issues Program was completed to identify approaches and strategies for public engagement intervention within Canada that can be considered good practices for the Canadian Red Cross.
- 5 year evaluation of the performance and relevance of the Waterloo-based think tank, the Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI).
- A process and outcome evaluation of two financial assistance programs delivered by Jewish Family and Child Service of Greater Toronto and Jewish Immigrant Aid Services Toronto.
- A literature review and evaluation tool and process to measure the effectiveness of the Healthy School Communities in Peel initiative on behalf of the Regional Municipality of Peel.
- An evaluation of the Katimavik program, an alternative education program for young Canadians aged 17-21.
- An evaluation of the Community-based Home Management of Malaria Project (HMM) in Kenya on behalf of Canadian Red Cross.
- An evaluation plan including a program logic model, evaluation matrix, list of key performance measurement indicators and a data collection tool on behalf of Northern Region-Health Canada.
- An evaluation of the Community Transition Program, a $15 million grant fund established by the Province of Ontario to assist the tobacco-growing communities of the counties of Brant, Elgin, Norfolk and Oxford to move to a more diverse economic base.
- Developing methods for evaluating client satisfaction including Aboriginal people living in Kitchener or Waterloo on behalf of the Kitchener Downtown Community Health Centre.
- An assessment of the impacts of the Toronto Enterprise Fund (TEF) which supports social purpose enterprises that employ homeless and low-income people.
- An evaluation of the Newfoundland and Labrador Primary Health Care Renewal Initiative which included the development and implemation of evaluation frameworks for 8 pilot sites across the province, Conducted in partnership with Med-Emerg International Inc. on behalf of the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- An evaluation of the Patient Relations Programs for the 21 Colleges of Health Professions in Ontario on behalf of Health Professions Regulatory Advisory Council, Province of Ontario, affiliated with the Ministry of Health.
- An assessment of the effectiveness and replicability of Community EFFORT - a 30 month pilot project that introduced the concept of Enterprise Facilitation in communities in southwestern Ontario. The assessment was conducted on behalf of Credit Union Central of Ontario.
- An evaluation of the Newfoundland and Labrador Primary Health Care Renewal Initiative which included the development and implementation of evaluation frameworks for 8 pilot sites across the province, Conducted in partnership with Med-Emerg International Inc. on behalf of the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- An evaluation of a Vegetable and Fruit Behavioural Intervention pilot program (Take 5) on behalf of Cancer Care Ontario.
- An assessment of the types and effectiveness of settlement services available in several rural and remote Ontario communities on behalf of Citizenship and Immigration Canada and the Ontario Administration of Settlement and Integration Services.
Available projects for download:
2001 Assessment of Newcomer Settlement Services
2003 Cancer Care Ontario Evaluation of Fruit and Vegetable Behavioural Intervention
2006 Newfoundland and Labrador Primary Health Care Renewal Evaluation
2007 Community Transition Program Process Evaluation
2009 Community Transition Program Outcome Evaluation
2009 Early Childhood Intervention Evaluation