HCA has extensive experience working with municipal and regional planning bodies across Canada and addressing strategic planning and policy issues. The HCA team is well-informed of current economic development planning approaches and issues through participation in local and regional development interest groups/associations and international networks.
Harry Cummings is a Registered Professional Planner with the Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP) and Don Murray is a provisional member of the Ontario Professional Planners Institute (OPPI). Hubert Paulmer is a Professional Agrologist with the Ontario Institute of Agrologists.
Harry Cummings is also a professor at the University of Guelph in the School of Environmental Design and Rural Development where he instructs graduate level courses in Regional Economics, Rural Planning and Development Theory, Research Methods, and Program Evaluation.
Our strategic planning services include:
- Socio-demographic Analysis and Profile
- Industry Sector Analysis and Profile
- Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats Analysis
- Community Visioning
- Economic Competitive Analysis
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Labour Market Analysis and Skills Inventory Assessment
- Literature Review
- Land Use Planning and Policy Development
- Local Food Systems and Food Security Analysis
- Community Needs Assessment
- Public Transit Analysis
- Health Care Access and Utilization Analysis
- Program and Policy Review and Evaluation
- Business Plan Development
- Survey Design, Implementation and Analysis
- Peer Review
- Ontario Municipal Board Representation / Expert Testimony